Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Why Don't People Vote?

Tonight's local news predicts voter turnout for the November election at 50-55%. That's pathetic.

Several of the people I work with don't vote.

I don't think they're even registered.

They say "I don't read the paper" or "I don't watch the news" or "They're all crooks, anyway." Or they just look at me like I'm a little off the beam when I talk politics.

What the hell.

They are all above average in intelligence, and liberal in philosophy.

What else can I say that I have not already said.

They can consider their butts kicked.

2 comments:

The Lorax said...

Betty,

I used to have coworkers that wouldn't vote... so they wouldn't be called to Jury Duty.

Lame... but that made sense to them.

The Libertarian Guy said...

I vote, and occasionally I'll even waste my vote on a RepubliCrat.

I have to vote. I'm a candidate. I have to get at least ONE vote... ;)